- Supply chain management
- Behavioral operations management
- Business Analytics
- PhD University of British Columbia, Operations and Logistics
- MS Fudan University, Information Systems
- BS Tsinghua University, Automation
Academic And Professional Experience
- Deputy Head of ISOM, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Aug 2023-present
- Professor of ISOM, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), July 2017-present
- Associate Professor of ISOM, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), July 2008 - June 2017
- Assistant Professor of ISMT, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), 2001 - June 2008
- Du, L., Li, Q., Yu, P., 2023, "A sequential model for high-volume recruitment under random yields", Operations Research, forthcoming.
- Li, Q., Yu, P., 2023, "Perishable inventory systems", In Research Handbook on Inventory Management, edited by J. S. Song. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Li, Q., Tang, C. S., 2022, "Unlocking the value of innovative selling: Information and options", Management and Business Review (MBR), 2 (3), 54-57.
- Yu, P., Zhang, Z. and Li, Q., 2022, "Traffic channeling under uncertain conversion rates on e-commerce platforms", Naval Research Logistics, 70 (1), 34-52.
- Li, Q., Yu, P. and Du, L., 2022, "Separation of Perishable Inventories in Offline Retailing through Transshipment", Operations Research, 70 (2), 666-689.
- Li, Q., and Yu, P., 2021, "The Secretary Problem with Multiple Job Vacancies and Batch Candidate Arrivals", Operations Research Letters, 49, 535-542.
- Chen, T., Gong, X., Li, Q., and Xu, H., 2021, "Multi-season production planning under export quotas", Naval Research Logistics, 68 (3), 279-294.
- Li, Q., Tang, C. S. and Xu, H., 2020, "Mitigating the double-blind effect in opaque selling: Inventory and information", Production and Operations Management, 29 (1), 35-54..
- Du, L. and Li, Q., 2020, "A Data-driven Approach to High-volume Recruitment: Application to Student Admission", Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 22 (5), 942-957.
- Li, Q., Yu, P. and Wu, X., 2017, “Shelf Life Extending Packaging, Inventory Control and Grocery Retailing”, Production and Operations Management, 26 (7), 1369-1382.
- Li, Q., Yu, P. and Wu, X., 2016, "Managing Perishable Inventories in Retailing: Replenishment, Clearance Sales, and Segregation", Operations Research, 64 (6), 1270-1284.
- Li, Q., and Yu, P, 2014, “Multimodularity and Its Applications in Three Stochastic Dynamic Inventory Problems", Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 16 (3), 455-463.
- Li, Q., He Q. M., and Wu X., 2016, "Timing Order Fulfillment of Capital Goods under a Constrained Capacity", Annals of Operations Research, 241 (1), 431-456.
- Li, Q., and Yu, P. 2012, “On the Quasiconcavity of Lost-Sales Inventory Models with Fixed Costs”, Operations Research, 60 (2), 286-291.
- Li, Q., Wu, X., and Cheung, K. L., 2009, “Optimal Policies for Inventory Systems with Separate Delivery-Request and Order-Quantity Decisions”, Operations Research, 57 (3), 626-636.
- Li, Q., and Ha, A. Y., 2008, “Reactive Capacity and Inventory Competition under Demand Substitution”, IIE Transactions, 40 (8), 707-717.
- Li, Q., Xu, H., and Zheng, S., 2008, “Periodic-Review Inventory Systems with Random Yield and Demand: Bounds and Heuristics”, IIE Transactions, 40 (4), 434-444.
- Li, Q., 2007, "Risk, Risk Aversion and The Optimal Time to Produce", IIE Transactions, 39, 145-158.
- Li, Q., and Zheng, S., 2006, “Joint Inventory Replenishment and Pricing Control for Systems with Uncertain Yield and Demand”, Operations Research, 54 (4), 696-705
- Li, Q., and Atkins, D, 2005, “On The Effect of Demand Randomness on a Price/Quantity Setting Firm”, IIE Transactions, 37 (12), 1143-1153.
- Li, Q., and Atkins, D., 2002, “Coordinating Replenishment and Pricing in A Firm”, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 4 (4), 241-257.
- Li, Q., and Yiu, K, Temp staffing at Christie’s – an operations management approach.
- Li, Q., and Hughes, R., Labor problems at 7-Eleven’s combined distribution centre.
- Li, Q., and Yu, P., "Self Control in the Face of Multiple Projects"
- Li, Q., Nasiry, J. and Yu, P., "Optimal Stopping under Present-biased Preferences"
Service Activities Within College And Profession
- Associate Editor for Operations Research Letters, 2022-
- Associate Editor for Naval Research Logistics: special issue on analytics and operations of online retailing
- Guest senior editor for Production and Operations Management
- Reviewer for Management Science, Operations Research, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management
- Member of INFORMS and MSOM
- M&SOM Meritorious Service Award (2014)
- Finalist for Franklin Teaching Award (2011)